14696. Sumerian Cuneiform Clay Brick: Enlil Bani: King of Isin
Isin Dynasty, Ca. 1860 to 1837 BC
Enlil-Bani, the shepherd who makes everything abundant for Nippur, the farmer (who Brings forth) mighty Barley for Ur, who purifies the regulations of Eridu, favorite en-priest of Uruk, King of (the city) Isin, king of Sumer and Akkad, spouse chosen by the heart of Inanna. Inscribed in a cuneiform script. A standard Inscription. E.220.127.116.11
Translated as follows:
2. sipa níg-nam-ár-ra shepherd who makes everything abundant
3. nibruki for Nippur,
4. engar e-mah the farmer (who brings forth) mighty barley
5. E.UNUki-ga for Ur,
6. me NUNki?-ga who purifies the regulations of Eridu,
8. en e-ga favorite en-priest
9. unuki-ga of Uruk,
10. lugal ì-si-inki-na king of Isin,
11. lugal ki-en-gi ki-uri3 king of Sumer and Akkad,
12. dam à-ge pà-da spouse chosen by the heart
13. dinanna of Inanna.
Provenance: Ex private Brooklyn collection, Acq London Art Market, around 2005. Repaired and surface worn.
All items are guaranteed authentic as described.